All Star’s commitment to Social Responsibility has earned the New England Promotional Products Association (NEPPA) 2014 “Humanitarian Award”.
The United Way of Southbridge, Sturbridge and Charlton was chosen by All Star as the beneficiary of a most generous gift of $500 made by NEPPA on behalf of the award winning company. It was a very special honor to represent All Star Incentive Marketing, along with 20–year veteran company Controller, Ms. Sharon Frazier, in receiving the award in a formal presentation at the Annual Meeting and opening reception of NEPPA’s Fall Trade Show.
The event was held on September 22nd in the Cabaret Theater at The Mohegan Sun Resort Casino in Connecticut.
We extend our gratitude to NEPPA for selecting us as one of their Humanitarian Award winners! Thank you! Below are just some examples of All Star’s commitment to Social Responsibility…
- Brian Galonek, our President and an owner, just completed his 6th PMC 2-day ride for Dana Farber and the Jimmy Fund. You can learn more about why Brian supports the PMC by clicking here: http://www2.pmc.org/profile/BG0129/
- All Star has been a financial supporter of The Jimmy Fund for over 30 years as well as helping to raise $1 Million+ over 26 years hosting/participating in a local golf tournament. See link above for additional information.
- Michael Balcom, VP of Corporate Identity, has been an active supporter and volunteer for the Jimmy Fund Golf Program for 30 years, currently serving as a committee member for the Stockbridge Jimmy Fund Golf Tournament.
- Our internal wellness program consists of 6 concentrations, one of which is Social Responsibility. The participants have hosted food drives, care packages for soldiers, hosted dinners for Ronald McDonald House, collected cell phones for soldiers, host an annual coat/hat/mitten drive, etc.
- The wellness team for Fitness & Exercise has put together teams to participate in many walk/runs including multiple years completing the Tornado Relay, BB5K in Sturbridge MA, Harrington Hospital 5K for Breast Cancer, etc. The teams consist of both owners and employees walking/running side by side in support.
- All Star offers a matching gift program where any qualified donation of $25 or more to a charitable organization will be met, dollar for dollar, up to $500 per employee per calendar year. In 2013 our employees took advantage in the amount of $640.00 and to date in 2014, we have matched $1,125.00. Charities include the American Cancer Society, Dana Farber/PMC, The Lupus Foundation, American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, YMCA, National Multiple Sclerosis Foundation, etc.
- All Star allows employees to volunteer, during work hours for which they are paid, to support such things as volunteering time for the United Way Day of Caring, picking apples for the Community Harvest Project, donating blood to the American Red Cross, etc.
- All Star makes product donations to many charitable events such as MPTN Golf Tournament, we are a Silver Sponsor at the Stockbridge Jimmy Fund Golf Tournament, we also donate items for raffle to Residential Energy Assistance for Seniors, Kicks for Kaitlin, St. Mary’s Church to help the homeless, Relay for Life, Lions Club Character Breakfast, and many more.
- Our annual holiday cards go out to customers indicating a donation in their name to the Worcester County Food Bank. Each year this represents several hundred dollars.
- All returnable cans are collected and donated to The Boy Scouts which results in sending at least one scout to summer camp each year.
- We recently raffled a TV and Blue Ray player internally to employees, helping raise money for the Riel Brothers Fund to assist paying funeral expenses for 2 young brothers killed in a nearby car accident this past July. As of today, we have raised $382 in donations from employees for this family.
- All Star pays half the cost for employees to get pink hair extensions in support of Breast Cancer each October. We have a stylist come to the office during work hours.
- We have a donation box for Operation Care Package located in our cafeteria. Employees add change from the vending machine daily.
- We host a “swap party” annually for which all remaining items are donated to The Goodwill.
- Soda can tops are collected and donated to The Lions Club for eyewear.
- Team members have volunteered time on weekends for local soup kitchens, several road races for various charities, etc.