DALLAS, TX – Occupational Health & Safety magazine announced the winners of its 2009 New Product of the Year Award at the annual National Safety Council Congress and Expo in Orlando today. The Occupational Health & Safety New Product of the Year Award honors the outstanding product development achievements of health and safety manufacturers whose products are considered to be particularly noteworthy in their ability to improve workplace safety.
Forty entries were received in the inaugural year of this contest. Twelve winners were honored in 11 award categories:
- Fall Protection – Miller Fall Protection, Twin TurboTM Fall Protection System
- Hand Protection – MCR Safety, Professional Grade ForceFlex ZB100
- Hazmat Safety – New Pig Corp., PIG® Vapor-Control Latching Drum Lid
- Hearing Protection – E.A.R., Inc., HearPlugz-DFTM
- Incentives – All Star Incentive Marketing Inc., PROPEL for SafetyTM
- Industrial Hygiene – Mil-Ram Technology Inc., TA-2048MB; and, Industrial Scientific Corp., iNet Control
- Online Training & Software – BullEx Digital Safety, BullEx GasTrainerTM
- Protective Apparel – DRIFIRE, 12.1 Arc-Rated Woven Shirt
- Respiratory Protection – TSI Inc., PORTACOUNT® PRO and PRO+
- Signage & Identification – Quaker Chemical Corp., RapidShieldTM
- Vision Protection – Jackson Safety, 370 Welding Helmet Headgear
The Occupational Health & Safety 2009 New Product of the Year Awards were independently judged by three industry experts: Bill Weems, Dr.Ph, CIH, University of Alabama College of Continuing Studies director of Environmental & Industrial Programs; Linda J. Sherrard, MS, CSP, safety director of a statewide agency and former OH&S technical editor; and Professor Joe Beck, Eastern Kentucky University Environment Health Department.
In addition to being honored at the National Safety Council Congress & Expo, the winners will be featured on the Occupational Health & Safety Web site, www.ohsonline.com, and highlighted in the December 2009 issue of Occupational Health & Safety magazine. The magazine is distributed to more than 80,000 subscribers monthly as well as at trade events including the National Safety Council Congress & Expo.